Portsoy [2nd]

The 1884 station building at Portsoy, opened when the line was extended westward by the GNSR. The station closed along with the line in 1968 and has since been used by the local scouts. The refurbished trainshed of the original 1859 Portsoy station, terminus of the Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway, can be seen in the right background, still in remarkably good condition 128 years after closure, with the building and yard currently used by the local council. See image 39216

Location: Portsoy [2nd]

Company: Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 23/05/2012

Image number: 39179


Other photographs of Portsoy [2nd] on RailScot