Dalrymple Junction

Dalrymple Junction looking south in 1993. There was a short lived station here called Maybole Junction (closed 1859). The double track from Ayr finishes here with the lines to Dalmellington to the left and Stranraer to the right. The Stranraer line formerly continued south as far as Girvan as a double track. The Dalmellington route, now cut back to Waterside and extended over former DICo/NCB metals to Chalmerston, is clearly considered the more minor line given the tight turn out from the junction. Dalrymple station was on the Stranraer line out of shot in the distant right.

Location: Dalrymple Junction

Company: Ayr and Dalmellington Railway

Photographer: Ewan Crawford

Contact photographer: Ewan Crawford

Contact editor

Date: 12/1993

Image number: 38443


Other photographs of Dalrymple Junction on RailScot