Lampits Junction

This view looks south at Lampits Junction, Carstairs, in 2004. This junction was the north east end of the curve from Float Junction, Carstairs. The triangular junction (Carstairs, Float, Lampits) opened in 1848 and the east side closed officially in 1860 being replaced by the more sharply curved Strawfrank to Dolphinton curve (opened 1872). The Dolphinton Branch cut through the disused trackbed.

Location: Lampits Junction

Company: Caledonian Railway

Photographer: Ewan Crawford

Make contact: Ewan Crawford

Date: 22/12/2004

Image number: 38426