The north landing stage of the Erskine Ferry at Old Kilpatrick, Dunbartonshire, in August 1957. Beyond and to the left, just off Erskine Ferry Road, is the L&D station (closed 1964) and to the right a yard that became the last resting place for over 60 steam locomotives, courtesy Messrs Arnott Young see image 36614. The ferry service ended in 1971 with the opening of the Erskine Bridge.
Location: Old Kilpatrick Slip
Company: Piers on the Firth of Clyde
Photographer: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Contact photographer: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 37082Tags: Ferry