A DMU stands at the platform at Heads of Ayr station in May 1963. The original Heads of Ayr station, located slightly west of here, had closed in 1930 and the second station was opened in 1947 to serve the holiday camp opened nearby after WWII. This station finally closed in September 1968, along with the remainder of the line back to Alloway Junction.
Location: Heads of Ayr [2nd]
Contact photographer: R Sillitto/A Renfrew Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 37275