After the closure of Carnforth MPD and its resurrection as 'Steamtown', sidings to the east of the shed were still used by BR for stabling a handful of locos. On the early evening of Saturday 9th May 1970, these included Brush Type 4 No. 1609 and BR Sulzer Type 2 No. 7635.
Company: Lancaster and Carlisle Railway
Photographer: Bill Jamieson
Make contact: Bill Jamieson
Image number: 36793