Standing in the yard at Wick in July 1963 is 8-wheel Inspection Coach no SC45038M. Originally built for the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway at Newton Heath in 1878 as a 6-wheel Directors Saloon, it was subsequently converted to a bogie vehicle for use by the engineers department. The coach has since been restored and can be seen on display at Oxenhope Museum on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway.
Company: Sutherland and Caithness Railway
Contact photographer: R Sillitto/A Renfrew Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 36523