Bowland

The station at Bowland, between Galashiels and Stow, closed to passengers as early as 1953. The wooden platforms and signal box have long gone, although the goods yard can still be identified. Bridge No 80, which carried the line over the B710, also survives and is used by local farm traffic. Passenger access to the station was via a ramp/stairway to the down platform on the other side of the bridge. View is south west from the former goods yard on 19 October 2011. See image 25514

Location: Bowland

Company: Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 19/10/2011

Image number: 36185

Tags: Borders Railway re-opening
Other photographs of Bowland on RailScot