The disused coaling stage at Ladybank shed photographed on the occasion of an EURS brake van trip over the then freight only line to Hilton Junction on 3 March 1971. Ladybank still operated a class 08 DE pilot at that time and this is stabled just out of frame next to the brake van on the right. Latterly a sub shed to 62A Thornton Junction, Ladybank shed was officially closed in December 1958 and demolished during the 1970s.
Location: Ladybank Shed
Company: Edinburgh and Northern Railway
Photographer: Bill Jamieson
Make contact: Bill Jamieson
Image number: 36150