English Electric Class 40 1Co-Co1 No. 40004, one of the ten pilot scheme locos that started life on the Great Eastern main line in 1958, draws a long train out of Holyhead container depot passing the passenger station and an arriving Met-Cam DMU. 40004 continued in main line use for a further three and a half years before withdrawal in September 1984 after twenty six years service. It was cut up at Crewe two years after that.
Company: Chester and Holyhead Railway
Photographer: Mark Bartlett
Make contact: Mark Bartlett
Image number: 35913