An unknown 37 (with nameplate) heads south with a PW train by the north end of Loch Lomond in 1991.
In the background the precursor to the railway can be seen. The River Falloch, to the left, flows into the head of the loch. In 1847 this portion of the River Falloch was canalised as far north as the Inverarnan Inn. Steamers operated to a pier there, coming north from Balloch via various piers and connecting with coaches which ran north to Fort William and Killin.
Company: West Highland Railway
Photographer: Ewan Crawford
Make contact: Ewan Crawford
Image number: 35887Tags: Class 37 Co-Co Diesel English Electric Type 3