The very short branch to Fort George left the main line at Gollanfield and ran on a low embankment to the village of Ardersier where the remains of Fort George station house and goods shed still stand. The only significant structure on the branch was a bridge over the road just outside Ardersier where the embankments and stone abutments are still visible in July 2011. The branch closed to passengers in 1943 and completely in 1958.
Location: Fort George
Photographer: Mark Bartlett
Contact photographer: Mark Bartlett
Image number: 34916