A interesting coffee stop just off the M6, some 4 miles north of Penrith, is the station site at Plumpton. The station itself has long gone (closed May 1948) but the old station house now hosts a tea room with a garden centre occupying the yard. Photographed on 25 June 2011 with the WCML behind the camera.
Company: Lancaster and Carlisle Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 34843