An outer circle train pauses at Shawlands station's curved platform face. The station is a little bare now without the station building. Between 1905 and 1907, only a few years after the line was extended to form a circle, a number of stations on the circle were provided with extra entrances - this photograph is taken from one of these, a footbridge at the north end of the station.
Company: Cathcart District Railway
Photographer: Ewan Crawford
Contact photographer: Ewan Crawford
Image number: 33643