Hawick [1st]

Together till the end. Scott class locomotives 62422 Caleb Balderstone and 62428 The Talisman stand out of use at the west end of Hawick shed during the first days of January 1959. Built within a few weeks of each other in 1914 the 4-4-0s were officially withdrawn by BR from the same shed (64G Hawick) on the same day (31 December 1958). The final curtain came down on both locomotives in the yard of Motherwell Machinery & Scrap, Wishaw, in February 1960.

Location: Hawick [1st]

Company: Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)

Photographer: K A Gray

Make contact: K A Gray

Date: 03/01/1959

Image number: 32549


Other photographs of Hawick [1st] on RailScot