View west from the site of Greenock Lynedoch station in June 1969. Scheduled passenger services over this route, which ran to Princes Pier, were withdrawn in 1959, although boat train traffic continued until 1965. It was used latterly to handle container traffic, prior to final closure in 1991. The line through the bridge to the right ran to the large Lynedoch goods depot which was located at a lower level and is now the site of Lynedoch Industrial Estate.
Location: Lynedoch Street Tunnel South
Company: Greenock and Ayrshire Railway
Photographer: Colin Miller
Make contact: Colin Miller
Image number: 32408