Glenesk Junction

Parting of the ways at Glenesk Junction in April 2010. To the right the Waverley trackbed continues south towards Eskbank, while on the left the pathway joins the Dalkeith branch trackbed running east. Glenesk Viaduct is immediately behind the camera. Between 1858 and some time in the 1880s Glenesk station stood at the junction. A siding also ran off to the right to serve Glenesk Colliery. See image 43207

Location: Glenesk Junction

Company: Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 16/04/2010

Image number: 30685


Other photographs of Glenesk Junction on RailScot