Penicuik [2nd]

Despite closure to passengers in 1951 Penicuik remained open for goods traffic for another sixteen years, due mainly to the surviving paper mills along the Esk valley. The branch eventually closed completely in 1967, as the final withdrawal notice bears witness.

Location: Penicuik [2nd]

Company: Penicuik Railway

Photographer: Jim Peebles

Make contact: Jim Peebles

Date: 27/03/1967

Image number: 30060


Other photographs of Penicuik [2nd] on RailScot