Balerno Junction

The Balerno branch - seen here crossing the Union Canal looking towards Balerno Junction - lost its passenger services in 1943, but freight would survive for another three years after this photograph was taken on 2nd November 1964. Much of the route is now an attractive walkway following the densely wooded valley of the Water of Leith.

Location: Balerno Junction

Company: Balerno Branch (Caledonian Railway)

Photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)

Make contact: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)

Date: 02/11/1964

Image number: 29982


Other photographs of Balerno Junction on RailScot