Peebles Junction

The infilled bridge on Tweed Avenue, Peebles, part of an embankment on the route that once carried the 1864 line linking North British and Caledonian territory within the town. The NB yard and station stood a quarter of a mile off to the left and the Tweed railway bridge a short distance to the right see image 29949. The link line was closed to traffic in 1959. View south east on 21 May 2010.

Location: Peebles Junction

Company: Galashiels, Innerleithen and Peebles Railway (North British Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 21/05/2010

Image number: 29950


Other photographs of Peebles Junction on RailScot