Maker's plate on the 1903 bridge carrying Craighall Road over the CR's Leith New Lines from Newhaven junction, just to the south of Newhaven station in July 2010. (For a view over the parapet in 1970 see image 29369.) Today there's nothing to see except trees. The fact that the bridge had to be made and transported from Clydebank on the other side of Scotland is surely a reflection of the lack of heavy industry in Edinburgh (though Leith did manage some shipbuilding).
Company: Leith New Lines (Caledonian Railway)
Photographer: David Panton
Make contact: David Panton
Image number: 29797