A Sentinel steam railcar calls at Burgh-by-Sands on a Port Carlisle branch service around 1930, with Station Master Walter Tait posing alongside on the platform. The Sentinel is thought to be no 31 'Flower of Yarrow', which was built in 1928 and operated on the Port Carlisle branch up to the time the branch was closed from Drumburgh in 1932, although being on the 'main line' Burgh-by-Sands kept going until 1964.
Photographer: Bruce McCartney Collection
Make contact: Bruce McCartney Collection
Image number: 29041