Ivatt 2-6-0 no 43049 heads out of Carlisle with a freight on the S&C route approaching Durranhill Junction in the 1960s. The Midland signal box is just off picture to the right while the box controlling the parallel NE route can be seen through the smoke. Off to the left of the picture stood the MR Durranhill shed, officially closed in November of 1959 and demolished in 1966. see image 13849.
Location: Carlisle Durranhill Shed
Photographer: K A Gray
Contact photographer: K A Gray
Image number: 28634