Balloch Pier

Pier in use - see the heaving line being thrown - as PS Maid of the Loch berths in 1976. Note the catenary at Balloch Pier station on the far right. Originally opened as Balloch Wharf in 1850, the station closed to passengers in September 1986.

Location: Balloch Pier

Company: Caledonian and Dumbartonshire Junction Railway

Photographer: Colin Miller

Make contact: Colin Miller

Date: 1976

Image number: 27902

Tags: Ferry
Other photographs of Balloch Pier on RailScot