Hillington East opened in 1934 (as plain Hillington) to serve the
pioneering industrial estate and the housing which was filling the gap (never quite filled) between Glasgow City and Paisley, and was later joined by Hillington West. This ticket office at Hillie East seems to be original. As with several other SPT stations, but nowhere else in Scotland, the ticket window opens straight onto the platform as there is no waiting room as such. Photographed on 17 February 2010.
Location: Hillington East
Company: Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway
Photographer: David Panton
Contact photographer: David Panton
Image number: 27860