East Pilton was a late arrival to the CR Leith branch, opening in 1934 as East Pilton Halt to serve new social housing as well as an engineering works and a hospital. The site of the engineering works is now occupied by the flats seen through the trees, and the land of the old Northern General Hospital to the right now houses a supermarket. The meagre remains of the wooden eastbound platform, which last saw a train in 1962, can be seen here among the leaf and general litter on 20 February 2010.
Location: East Pilton
Photographer: David Panton
Contact photographer: David Panton
Image number: 27838