Doncaster

Jubilee no 45663 Jervis arrives at Doncaster station on 20 July 1963 hauling the 1.48pm Skegness - Hebden Bridge. Note the changing skyline around the distinctive Church of St James, Doncaster, in the background. The 1858 church, built to cater for the spiritual needs of the expanding population of the town (brought about by the arrival of the railway) was financed primarily by shareholders of the Great Northern.

Location: Doncaster

Company: Peterborough to Doncaster Line (Great Northern Railway)

Photographer: K A Gray

Contact photographer: K A Gray

Contact editor

Date: 20/07/1963

Image number: 27835


Other photographs of Doncaster on RailScot