South Leith

An SLS Railtour stands at the original Edinburgh & Dalkeith Railway terminus at South Leith on 25 August 1962 behind Gresley V2 2-6-2T no 67668. This was the first passenger station in Leith, opened in 1832 as plain 'Leith', with the prefix 'South' being added in 1859. Date of final closure to passengers varies between 1903 and 1905, dependent on source of information and definition of 'last passenger train'. See image 11374

Location: South Leith

Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway

Photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)

Make contact: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)

Date: 25/08/1962

Image number: 27583


Other photographs of South Leith on RailScot