V2 no 60959 on the eastern approaches to Musselburgh with a down train on the ECML in July 1955. The train is about to pass below the bridge carrying Whitehill Farm Road, after which it will run through the site of the modern day Musselburgh station (though that would not be built for another 33 years). On the right are the former freight lines that left the ECML at Monktonhall Junction (in the distance) and ran to Wanton Walls Junction. From there the direct Lothian Lines route continued north to Leith Docks, with a spur turning left to reach Niddrie West Junction (and the sub). See image 4546.
Company: North British Railway
Photographer: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Make contact: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 27302