A pair of NBL diesel-hydraulic shunters nos D2728 and D2722 standing idle at the St Margarets outpost of Leith South in 1958. The ash is a legacy of the N15 0-6-2Ts eventually replaced by the new diesels see image 30318. The mineral wagons in the background are on the embankment that carried the former Caledonian route from the eastern docks up to the bridge over Seafield Road.
Location: Leith South Yard
Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway
Photographer: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Contact photographer: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 27121