McIntosh 2P no 55185 stands at Keith shed in March 1959. The locomotive was withdrawn by BR in July 1961 following official closure of the shed to steam the previous month. 61C continued to be used as a diesel depot until the mid 1970s. The site later became a Chivas Brothers whisky bond, with the north wall of the old shed being incorporated into one of the new buildings see image 5347.
Location: Keith Shed [GNSR] [2nd]
Company: Great North of Scotland Railway
Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Contact photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 26069