NBL D2737 with a train of scrap at Kelvin Hall on an overcast 19 September 1959. View east from Benalder Street bridge on which the station booking office was located. The diesel was one of a dozen locomotives allocated to 65G Yoker (Rothesay Dock) at that time (closed in January 1964). As for Kelvin Hall station, this was better known as Partick Central, a name it carried from its opening by the L&D in 1896 until mid 1959, with Kelvin Hall being applied from that point until closure in 1964. (Note: Railscot references use Partick Central.) The old station was finally demolished in January 2007 see image 13369.
Location: Partick Central
Photographer: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Contact photographer: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 26614