Greenhill Lower Junction

Kingmoor Black 5s nos 45364+44901 at the head of a car train which has recently arrived at Greenhill Lower Junction, circa late 50s/early 60s. The cars will be taken along the canal branch to the site of the former CR Bonnybridge station (closed to passengers in 1930) which was at that time being used as a distribution centre for new motor cars arriving by rail. The canal branch was closed completely in 1964.

Location: Greenhill Lower Junction

Company: Caledonian Railway

Photographer: Gordon Smith Collection (Courtesy Ken Browne)

Make contact: Gordon Smith Collection (Courtesy Ken Browne)

Image number: 26308


Other photographs of Greenhill Lower Junction on RailScot