Leith Central opened in 1902, rather late for a terminus. Lasting only 50 years as a passenger station, this white elephant then became a diesel depot until 1972, after which it loomed threateningly over the area until demolished in the late 1980s to make way for a supermarket, swimming pool, and (mostly) their car park. On 10 October 2009 the pointless-seeming incline on the left shows the level of the carriage drive up to platform level see image 18426.
Location: Leith Central
Photographer: David Panton
Contact photographer: David Panton
Image number: 25915