Built at Gorton Works in 1949, Thomson B1 4-6-0 no 61347 spent almost its whole life in Scotland. The locomotive is pictured here on a train at Glasgow's Buchanan Street station in the 1960s at which time home was at Thornton Junction. A part of what became Scotrail House can be seen under construction in the background. 61347 was withdrawn from 62A in April 1967 and cut up at McLellans at Langloan some 3 months later.
Location: Buchanan Street
Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Make contact: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 25688