NBL Class D2/10 diesel hydraulic 0-4-0 D2730 of St Margarets shed in the yards at Leith South in the early 1960s. In the left background is part of the coaling stage of Seafield shed, the facility built by the Caledonian in 1902. It was subsequently leased to the NB and eventually became an outpost for St Margarets freight locomotives prior to eventual demolition in 1966. In the right background is part of the embankment that carried the Caledonian line up to the bridge over Seafield Road.
Location: Leith South Yard
Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway
Photographer: K A Gray
Contact photographer: K A Gray
Image number: 25139