Once the entrance to Deanside station, the gates that formerly gave access to the steps down to the island platform from alongside the A8 are now fastened together with fishplates, seen here in July 2009. As short-lived passenger stations go Deanside must come near the top of the league, having been opened by the Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway on 1 June 1903, it was closed on 2 January 1905 after a period of 582 days see image 9092.

Location: Deanside (former)

Original line: Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway

Photographer: Colin Miller

Contact photographer: Colin Miller

Contact editor

Date: 05/07/2009

Image number: 24461

Other photographs of Deanside on RailScot