A two-road shed, with coaling stage and associated sidings, was opened at Seafield by the Caledonian in 1902. Located on the north side of Leith South yard, it turned out to be part of the white elephant that was the Caledonian's Leith New Lines and saw limited use before being leased to the NB during WW1. It eventually became a sub-shed of 64A ,St Margarets, providing welcome accomodation for the overspill of some of its 200+ locomotives. Seafield shed is seen here in November 1959, with 64A based J37s nos 64607 and 64637 amongst the guests. Closure came in October 1962 and the building was demolished in 1966.
Location: Seafield Shed [CR]
Company: Leith New Lines (Caledonian Railway)
Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Contact photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 24423