EM1 no 76046 exits the western portal of Woodhead Tunnel with a freight on 15 August 1979. The train is about to pass the marker board for platform 4 at Woodhead station, which had closed to passengers in July 1964. Built in 1952 as 26046, the locomotive carried the name Archimedes until the late 60s and was withdrawn in November 1980.
Photographer: Peter Todd
Contact photographer: Peter Todd
Image number: 24401