Craigendoran Pier

C15 67474 at Craigendoran pier platform in 1959 with the push-pull train to Arrochar and Tarbet. The two C15s fitted for push-pull operations were allocated to Eastfield, with overnight stabling available at the sub shed at Arrochar. This was a servicing area, at the west end of Arrochar and Tarbet station, where facilities included a bothy, stabling road with pit and a siding to accomodate a coal wagon. The C15s were withdrawn in April 1960, and a diesel railbus took over the service, which came to an end in June of 1964. As for the pier platform itself, the last steamer operated from here in 1972, resulting in closure of the platform and demolition of the associated station building in September that year. See image 29284

Location: Craigendoran Pier

Company: Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway

Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)

Make contact: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)

Date: 29/07/1959

Image number: 24286


Other photographs of Craigendoran Pier on RailScot