Pre-1918 picture of the Lancaster & Preston Junction Railway station opened in 1849 at Brock on the WCML, looking south towards Preston. The picture is full of period detail, including lower quadrant signals, a wooden bodied wagon in the siding and early staff uniforms. The milk churns are probably empties awaiting return to local farmers. Brock station closed to passengers in 1939 and, with the exception of the foot crossing see image 23510, nothing in this picture survived the 1972 electrification.
[Railscot note: Reverend Ron Greenall is a local historian and railway enthusiast in the Garstang, Lancs, area. Over the years many people have sent Ron old pictures for use in his weekly local newspaper feature and he has kindly agreed, via Mark Bartlett, to�share some of his collection of railway photographs with the Railscot website.]�
Photographer: Rev Ron Greenall Collection
Contact photographer: Rev Ron Greenall Collection
Image number: 23684