The hump of a 1940's siding off the Swindon - Highfield branch into the wartime Vickers factory at Long Marston. Here they built, amongst other things, Spitfires. This siding turned north up the embankment and then crossed over the Highworth branch (seen running in from the right) via a now demolished bridge. Like all these long forgotten lines not a lot remains. The Highfield branch finally closed in 1965.
Location: South Marston
Company: Swindon and Highworth Railway
Photographer: Peter Todd
Make contact: Peter Todd
Image number: 22093