The Victoria Swing Bridge, dating from 1874 and which, at one time, provided a link across the Water of Leith between the eastern and western sections of Leith Docks. The bridge originally swung open to give access to the inner harbour and the two old docks running parallel with Commercial Street. Photographed on a Sunday morning in March 2009 surrounded by the penthouses of the new Leith. Note the old rails still in place. Today the bridge provides a pedestrian link between what are now known as Ocean Drive and Rennie's Isle (opposite).
Location: Leith Docks
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 22907Tags: Swing Bridge