Standing on the site of the platform at Junction Bridge in 2009 looking towards North Leith. The station, a stones throw from North Leith terminus, opened as Junction Road in 1846. From here the line ran under the bridge on the left and through a (now filled in) tunnel below Coburg Street to emerge at North Leith terminus. (For a view of the North Leith end of the tunnel see image 22862.) Access to the station was from a booking office on the bridge running across the picture carrying Great Junction Street (its former position on the bridge can be seen directly beyond the tree in the centre). The Water of Leith runs by on the right. Junction Bridge station closed in June 1947.
Location: Junction Bridge
Company: Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 22902