The entrance to Junction Bridge station, opened by the Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway in 1846 (closed 1947), is now occupied by the metal railed section of the parapet seen here on the west side of the bridge carrying Great Junction Street over the Water of Leith. The platform below the bridge see image 22902 stood on the north bank of the river with a stairway linking it with the former street level booking office.
Location: Junction Bridge
Company: Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 22901