A pair of Hurlford shed's Fowler 2P 4-4-0s nos 40661 and 40689 wait with their trains in the bays at the north end of Kilmarnock station on 27 March 1959. On the left is the 4.16pm to Glasgow St Enoch and on the right the 4.13pm to Ayr. Both locomotives had been withdrawn by the end of 1960.
Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Contact photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 22799