The 1516 Carnforth - Carlisle DMU passes the former Eamont Bridge Junction, just south of Penrith, in September 1967. The trackbed on the right is the remains of the south to west link from the Lancaster and Carlisle at Eamont Bridge Junction to the Cockermouth, Keswick & Penrith at Redhills Junction, put in by the North Eastern Railway in 1866 to provide through running between the east and west coasts via the Stainmore line. The link was closed in 1936.
Location: Eamont Bridge Junction
Company: Lancaster and Carlisle Railway
Photographer: Colin Miller
Contact photographer: Colin Miller
Image number: 22169