Site of the original 1856 Abbotsford Ferry station, looking south west along the Tweed towards Selkirk on a May morning in 2008. This station was sited alongside the ferry itself (a rowing boat linked to the south shore by elevated guide wires). The station had been relocated by 1898 to a point a short distance to the east see image 19332. The ferry ceased operation in the late 1930s.
Location: Abbotsford Ferry [1st]
Company: Selkirk and Galashiels Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 21994