Fingask Halt

The former Fingask Platform on the Oldmeldrum branch, opened by the Inverurie and Old Meldrum Railway in 1867. The photograph, taken in the 1920s, was sent in by Ray Thackrah whose Great, Great, Grandfather ran a small woollen blanket making mill nearby until around 1862. No physical trace remains of the mill, nor is anything shown on the OS map of 1867, one theory being that it was demolished in 1866 with the stone being used in the construction of the new platform. The station was closed in November 1931. [Anyone who can contribute anything further regarding the fate of the old mill can contact the editor.]

Location: Fingask Halt

Company: Inverury and Old Meldrum Junction Railway

Photographer: Ray Thackrah Collection

Contact photographer: Ray Thackrah Collection

Contact editor

Image number: 21339