Brandlesholme Road Halt

Holcombe Brook bound push pull set with L&YR 2-4-2T 50655 climbing through the cutting between Woodhill Rd Halt and Brandleshome Rd Halt (SD 797117). The line was electrified in L&Y days but the equipment was worn out by 1951 and with only a short life expectancy the branch reverted to steam haulage from 1951 until closure. This photo was undated but believed to have been taken on the last weekend of service, 3rd May 1952. (A visit in December 2008 found the cutting filled in up to the level of Brandlesholme Road and a housing development under construction.)

Location: Brandlesholme Road Halt

Company: Bury and Tottington District Railway

Photographer: W A Camwell Collection (Courtesy Mark Bartlett)

Make contact: W A Camwell Collection (Courtesy Mark Bartlett)

Date: 03/05/1952


Other photographs of Brandlesholme Road Halt on RailScot